Losing a pet to cancer is one of the hardest things a person has to deal with. It's heartbreaking to watch your best friend fade because of something they didn't deserve. You can see the pain in their eyes and you feel helpless against it. I personally have faced this disease twice and both times my furry children fought a hard battle but eventually their little bodies couldn't take it anymore. So no one else has to face this pain, I've put together this blog to help raise money for canine cancer research.
This way there will always be a furry, friendly face on the other end of the leash!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Doggie Advice On Bloat

Gastric Dilatation Volvulus 

I just had to repost this from Dawg Business because I've always heard the horror stories about bloat and they do a good job of explaining it. 

As an owner of large breed dogs, it has always been in the back of my mind.  I have watched my Rottie scarf down her food so fast that she gags.  I purchased a Brake-Fast Medium Dog Bowl and it seemed to help slow her down.  It sure is fun to watch her try to use it. Her short nose has trouble getting around inside the bowl.  Most of the time though she just gets pissed off at it and dumps it all over on the floor. 

Go check out Dawg Business for more information about making life special (and safe) for your furry four-legged family members!

No comments:

Post a Comment