Losing a pet to cancer is one of the hardest things a person has to deal with. It's heartbreaking to watch your best friend fade because of something they didn't deserve. You can see the pain in their eyes and you feel helpless against it. I personally have faced this disease twice and both times my furry children fought a hard battle but eventually their little bodies couldn't take it anymore. So no one else has to face this pain, I've put together this blog to help raise money for canine cancer research.
This way there will always be a furry, friendly face on the other end of the leash!

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy First Birthday Summer!

Hello everyone!  I had to take a break from race recovery, work, laundry - return from vacation activities - to celebrate my Rottie's first birthday.  Summer's birthday was actually on Friday, but her cake from Wag 'n Wash wasn't ready last night so we celebrated it today.  As with any first birthday, you must have lots of funny pictures - especially tons with a funny hat!

Get this thing O-F-F of my head!

Yummy cake (for dogs so I didn't try any)!

Are you ever going to take this thing off?!  I want CAKE!

I'm only tolerating this thing for you MOMMY!

Can I have it?!  Can I have it NOW please?!

This was as close as I could let Summer get to the cake.  Everytime I slid it near her, she moved like she was going to run off with the whole thing.  So this is her picture with her cake....good enough for me!  She shared her cake with Scout and still left enough for another piece tomorrow.  I'm such a good mommy!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GIRL!  MOMMY LOVES YOU!

5 comments:

  1. woo! happy birthday Summer!!

    RA & Isis

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, we're in love!!
    -Bart and Gizmo

    PEEES from Ruby, girlfuriend, you lay in exactly the same spot on the kitchen floor as I do!!

    Happy Birthday and lots and lots of Rottie Kisses!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a new reader :) Happy Birthday to your sweet baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's beautiful! Happy birthday, Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the party hat! Happy Birthday Summer :)

    ReplyDelete