Losing a pet to cancer is one of the hardest things a person has to deal with. It's heartbreaking to watch your best friend fade because of something they didn't deserve. You can see the pain in their eyes and you feel helpless against it. I personally have faced this disease twice and both times my furry children fought a hard battle but eventually their little bodies couldn't take it anymore. So no one else has to face this pain, I've put together this blog to help raise money for canine cancer research.
This way there will always be a furry, friendly face on the other end of the leash!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Time to Pack

Well I'm packing for race day. Weather keeps changing so I'm packing for rain and sun. It's gone from 60% chance of rain, to 30% and now it's at 50%. Temps are going to reach 70 but it may be cold for the race since it starts at 0630. My mom was not too happy about the start time, but since she didn't get up for my last race, she owes me big time.  Anyway I've got two outfits ready for race day:


Both have the Chase Away K9 Cancer shirts I had made (one black, one white).  Thanks to Heather at ACVIM Foundation and Jennifer at Shirtworks.  On the left is the cold weather outfit:  Saucony undershirt, UnderArmour capris (love these-they're fleece lined).  The right is if it's warmer:  white Target tank undershirt (the shirt is REALLY white and shows my bra - no wet t-shirt contest guys!), Nike capris, Athleta PowerMesh CYA Skirt.  Both outfits will have my favorite Moving Comfort Fiona sports bra, Balega socks, ASICS GEL-Nimbus 12s. 

I didn't get any runs in this week except Monday.  I started to get sick with a sinus infection so I went to the doc yesterday.  All better now.  Gotta love those docs!  I'm not worried about the race.  No chance I'm going to PR at it.  Just wanting to have fun, visit with my mom, and see the sights.  The Flying Pig is supposed to be a "hoot" so I'm just going to take it all in.  Heck I've go 7 hours to finish it.  I can do that! 

Race report will follow.  Along with news about my friend who was s-u-p-p-o-s-e-d to do the full with me on Sunday but signed up for a half on Saturday (yup he's an idiot).  He's doing the CMM half in Nashville on Sat., driving across Kentucky, and running the FP half on Sun.  Can you say C-R-A-Z-Y!  I'm happy with my full monty.  See ya at the finish line!

2 comments: