Losing a pet to cancer is one of the hardest things a person has to deal with. It's heartbreaking to watch your best friend fade because of something they didn't deserve. You can see the pain in their eyes and you feel helpless against it. I personally have faced this disease twice and both times my furry children fought a hard battle but eventually their little bodies couldn't take it anymore. So no one else has to face this pain, I've put together this blog to help raise money for canine cancer research.
This way there will always be a furry, friendly face on the other end of the leash!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Summer's First Party!

I am tired.  Tired of working.  Tired of running.  Just plain tired.  I can feel the exhaustion taking over my body.  I know I'm in my two weeks of tapering so I can relax some about my running, but work and exercise is still kicking my butt (nope it's still there bigger than ever). 

I know I should be getting ready for my Saturday morning run.  It's already after 7.  I'm currently having that a battle with my inner voice.  "Stay here!  Get up!  Comfy couch!  Sunny weather!  Stay here!  Get up!"  I have this battle a lot these days. 

I really do enjoy running and doing marathons, but the training is ARGH hard!  By the time the race gets here, I'll just want it over and done with.  Of course until I get the metal at the finish line and I start crying.  Do you cry at the finish lines? 


Now the puppy dogs have been the greatest this week.  Only two toys meet their demise during the wee hours of the morning.  There is nothing like waking up to a snowy white floor - IN YOUR BEDROOM! 

Summer got to go to a party last night.  My co-workers got together and I brought her over to play with Shilby, a heeler.  They said she never gets tired so I thought Summer could get a good workout.  She was her usually "don't touch" self, but I am very proud of how she behaved around everyone.  She would at least go up and sniff their hands.  She even took the dog ball from a young kid's hand so gently.  She didn't run off and came (almost always) when I called her. 

Shilby and her were hilarious to watch.  They finally started playing and chasing each other around the house.  Shilby started barking, but could only get a growl out of Summer.  Good girl!  Shilby is an only child and was really enjoying having a playmate over.  Summer found out she had to be quick about eating treats when Shilby snatch hers from her.  She was fast!  Shilby was tired by the time we left.  And Summer fell asleep in the truck on the way home.  Her first party and I'm so proud of her. 

1 comment:

  1. Freddie LOVES playdates! His buddy is a mix who is now smaller than him but they run in circles and she never gets tired, he comes home and takes a nap!
    Crying at the finish line? No, I perfer to puke! ;)

    ReplyDelete