Losing a pet to cancer is one of the hardest things a person has to deal with. It's heartbreaking to watch your best friend fade because of something they didn't deserve. You can see the pain in their eyes and you feel helpless against it. I personally have faced this disease twice and both times my furry children fought a hard battle but eventually their little bodies couldn't take it anymore. So no one else has to face this pain, I've put together this blog to help raise money for canine cancer research.
This way there will always be a furry, friendly face on the other end of the leash!

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Unconditional Love


Let me introduce you to my other dog, Scout.  Scout is 11 years old.  She is an Australian Shephard, Blue Heeler, Rottweiler mix.  Because of that mix, I call her my "friendly bitch".  I got her as a puppy when my Rottie, Leo, started to get chunky and needed a playmate.  They were best buds. 

She's been with me through the cancer treatments for both of my Rotties.  She helped both them and me feel better during the difficult times without being pushy or needy.  Setting her head down on my leg, looking up with those pretty Aussie eyes, just letting me know she was there if I needed her.  She's always been that way.


When Jersey passed, that was the hardest to watch.  Scout had never been alone.  Jersey came into the family before Leo died of her cancer.  But Jersey left suddenly.  When I came home that night, Scout looked behind me expecting her best bud to be there.  And then looked up not knowing what was going on.  She stayed by the door.  Waiting.  Three days later I had had enough.


That's when I brought Summer home.

Don't forget about the giveaway I have going on!  Today is the last day to get signed up.  Show your support for Lynne's Rotties and Chase Away K9 Cancer!  Thanks for everything!

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's about what *they* need :) Scout's a smart girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably shouldn't be following your blog. I think it will make me cry a lot...

    I saw your post on another blog, so I was interested. We lost our Isabelle to cancer in 2008. I'm sorry for your losses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to bring Charlie to puppy daycare when Carin passed. It was less than a week from the day Carin finally gave up her battle to the day that Freddie moved in and poor Charlie was so sad. Luckily the people at Petsmart PetsHotel knew what was going on and made sure he got the love he needed while I was at work. Our fur kids know a lot more than most people give them credit for. Lots of love to all the fur kids and their parents!

    ReplyDelete