Losing a pet to cancer is one of the hardest things a person has to deal with. It's heartbreaking to watch your best friend fade because of something they didn't deserve. You can see the pain in their eyes and you feel helpless against it. I personally have faced this disease twice and both times my furry children fought a hard battle but eventually their little bodies couldn't take it anymore. So no one else has to face this pain, I've put together this blog to help raise money for canine cancer research.
This way there will always be a furry, friendly face on the other end of the leash!

Friday, February 18, 2011

Happy 5th Birthday Jersey!

    Even though you're gone, we still celebrated your day and the memories created by your huge heart as a part of our lives.  You were the most loyal and best friend anyone could ask for and I am so glad I picked you that sunny day in April 2006.  You comforted me during the loss of Leo and kept Scout active when she needed a friend.  We had four and half beautiful years together and then it was time for you to be with Leo. 
    Summer is so different from you, my friend, which makes it quite humorous and crazy, but we're surviving.  The past six months have been a whirlwind of emotions and messes all reminding me of the fun I had raising you and Leo.  We still have a long way to go to ease the hurt in our hearts created by you leaving us too soon. 
    When I get sloppy kisses from Scout and Summer, it reminds me that all is okay, I'm not alone, and I'll see you again one day.  Hugs and shugies baby!

3 comments:

  1. Jersey, happy barkday!!!! Sorry we missed it! We hope you had an awesome day!!!

    Your mom asked where I got the gaiters with paw prints...here is the page! they have two different ones now...http://www.dirtygirlgaiters.com/empireofdirt.html

    -Penny and velcro

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes for Jersey. She would have loved to know so many people wished her well. It was a hard day to get through. I still miss her. She left us too soon. Thanks again everyone!

    ReplyDelete